A challenge is always fun and I found one. Ok I found two but one at a time. Edward Hotspur got this from Benzeknees. She in turn got it from Pink Ninjabi... and… and… anyways…
It’s one of those 30 day challenges where you, I guess, do a post a day on the given topic. I am not one to drag things out or ease into things, unless it is the pool about this time a year. No, more like starting about a month ago, then easing in is just fine.
They all did this as a one time shot or 2 parter so it is 30 days condensed. That is a heck of a challenge too for someone like me.
I could on almost every one of those topics bore you to tears with prolix posts, in fact, one of the challenging things is that by doing it all at once or a two parter, I obviously can’t, or shouldn’t. I guess I may if I want to but why?
I don’t know either. I still haven’t decided one part or two as I am writing this, if I don’t get to it, three, with this one just as introduction.
Stay with me people! I am on it …I am!
30 days never went so fast –
1. Five ways to win my heart – … …
Oh for crying out loud – I got nothing. Ok one more try….
1. 1.Donuts, 2.let out your inner dork, 3.word play such as puns etc, 4.flowers for no reason at all, 5.kindness to others that is sincere
2. Something I feel strongly about – personal accountability
3. book i love – Everything and More, A Compact History of Infinity, David Foster Wallace
4. Bullet my day –
starting at 4:00 am
- mom stuff
- coffee – iced this time
- read, write and color
- soccer game for Magpie
- donut shop with the kids
- read write color
- Wonder where my grand baby is
- call daughter about grand baby not here yet
- cook dinner
- eat dinner
- bedtime stuff that moms do
- start all over again
5. Things I’d like to say to ex – SUCK EGGS!
6. Mainstream Music – Overplayed
7. 5 Pet Peeves – 1. whining 2. lying 3. fakes 4. people who drop $300 on lunch and tell you about it when you are lucky to see $300 in a month. 5. people trying to use big words to appear smarter, especially if they use them incorrectly.
8. What I ate today – a donut (for real!) chicken leg, a cookie.
9. How I feel about education – I think education is very important but not just in the sense of a formal education. I don;t have a college degree and have not had problems with jobs or pay rates because of it, but I know some people do, I guess I have been lucky. For my kids I would like to see them all go to college. The experience is an education unto itself – before you even add the books. Without the ability to attend college, or in cases such as mine where it isn;t the best learning environment, I would consider someone who tries to learn something new everyday, who keeps an open mind and is willing to entertain other;s ideas as well as defend their own point of view intelligently an educated person. It’s the ones that think they have reached the pinnacle of know everythingness , college degree or not that are less educated or will be at some point. I also think that colleges should give credit for life experience more than they do.
10. First 10 songs on music player – I’m Like a Bird – Nelly Furtado, Relentless – Jason Aldeen, What You Got – Colby O’Donis, Everywhere – Michelle Branch, Far Away – Nickelback, The Way I Are – Timbaland, 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted – Tupac, She Never Cried In Front of Me – Toby Keith, Acoustic #3- Goo Goo Dolls, Say it Right – Nelly Furtado
11.Family – The Gaggle (six kids only half with me though) Little Monkey Man, The Parental Units, George Kato Cracked the Cat, Sannie the dog, and Mr. Grown – on the fence still.
12. Five Guys I find Attractive ….Um… Batman, Harrison Ford, Dennis Quaid, Tom Hanks, and…Batman. What?
13. I am more comfortable in my body than I ever have been in my life although not in the best shape I have been. My weight is the lowest it has ever been while healthy I am unconcerned with scars or imperfections and am totally psyched that my butt actually got smaller after 40 .. All in all my body is like a comfortable pair of jeans worn just right and I am totally at home in it.
I wished I lived more in my body and less in my head. It;s my mind I am worried about.
14. What I wore – Green “Irish” T-shirt and tan shorts. Pulled my hair up in a clip.
15. I am a Leo and yes it fits in a lot of ways
- The typical characteristics profile of a Leo woman includes qualities like liveliness, ingenuity, elegance, beauty, and sensuality. She is one of those who love, respect and care for their partners, but don’t expect her to worship you. The lioness is a combination of intelligence, wit, strength and talent, mixed with generous amounts of feminine charm. She wouldn’t be dominated; rather she has to be restrained. She is a complete woman and she expects you to be a real man. (taken from http://www.iloveindia.com/astrology/sun-signs/leo/woman.html)
- I have a hell of a temper but do not lose it often and although drama for the sake of drama, or attention is not my style, I do have things bigger – feelings and stuff (not boobs unfortunately but I think you know my feeling on that) is it Leo or is it Bipolar ? Chicken or the egg. I get bitchy when someone changes the plans on me and when I want attention, I, admittedly not one of my better traits, get demanding. and petulant – that doesn’t happen too often. I insist on being treated with courteousness at the very least and won’t tolerate rude and dismissive treatment. Did I put that as a pet peeve? It is.
- Then of course over there ————-> is that little profile on my gravatar which comes from a psychological test and I don’t think too many of them are very Leo like. I fit my moon sign better.
Ok well I am going to stop there for now – I know I thought I might get the whole way through it but you try it. It isn;t as easy as it looks and the second half – phew.
Til Tomorrow, and remember condensed soup will keep overnight in the frig – even the 30 day kind, if it separates, just stir it good before reheating.
Lizzie Cracked (never broken)
26 thoughts on “30 Days Condensed, Like Soup”
Thanks for taking up the challenge Lizzie! I found some of the questions really hard to answer. How do you limit handsome men to only 5?
LOL! I was going to put that it would be easier to put 5 guys I didn;t think were attractive then to pick 5 that I do…I was gonna do more but they get a little deep so I decided to save it…
Love the condensed soup version. 30 days can be a drag.
oh for sure it would be for you guys 🙂 I would just be writing away…. la de da oh what? 4000 words…hey why is everyone asleep..?? 🙂
Well I know a lot of people are interested in that, so I’m not going to knock it. BUt all in one hit suits me down to the ground. 🙂
oh for sure – I didn;t to mean to knock it either I follow a blog that is doing a two hundred ans some – they can be great prom[ts and a great way to get over block.. definitely some that I could have expanded to some decent posts….. – just implying that you the readers here on this blog would be much happier – me too actually 🙂
Don’t worry. I get that totally. 😀
Wow, very nice to get to know you better! I have the list and I plan to do it when I feel mentally prepared to get into a 30 thing again. You have some really good qualities!
why thank you 🙂 Its funny I keep thinking I only answered like 2 questions… I have not a clue why I think that.. take the list and do them when you want – looking forward to your answers 🙂
My favorite of all was #5 or maybe #7, I can’t pick. That is all you want to say to your ex, gad you are so sweet, so kind, so loving. I need to take lessons. Stand under you umbrella and absorb your angelic karma.
I frequently drop $300 on lunch, if I can expense it to someone else. If not, never not in this lifetime or anyone’s. What a waste. I am so with you on all of you #7 but this one in particular.
Loved them all, but those two hit me between the eyes. Thanks
Glad you liked it – are you gonna take a shot at it? hmmmm? 2 days 30 questions… do it do it Peer pressure ..oh wait I forgot who I was speaking to 😉 If you do it that would be great….now I thought suck eggs was not very nice.. I almost felt a little guilty – they haven;t bothered me for awhile… OMG I am too nice…you know that is what is inherently wrong here – and dammit I lost it again… I am on the verge of profoundness..this has happened aboutr 5 tines tonight – it means something…
as far as the other thing the lunch…I was absolutely steamed listening to the whole spread and I was completely appalled at the lack of ..thought..I hadnt eaten in a day or two and ..whatever but I have come to understand that the main goal of the teller is to be seen as important and wealthy not considerate – money trumps love… i feel a mental moment.,,,,
I would love to see your answers Val 🙂
I also saw this on Benzknees blog and thought I might do it at some point…It has some interesting questions….Sooooo you really like Batman!…A good way to find out some things about those we ‘blog’ with…Diane
oh he’s alright..I could take him or leave him ya know 🙄 I think it would be great if you did it (see there I almost said you should – but not in a busybody way) 🙂
Good answers, Lizzie! I read yours and thought ‘damn, can I go back and change some of mine?”
Thanks ! That;s is too funny cause I did the same thing -going back and reading specific answers after I posted … I think I liked three of your five guys better than mine 😉 and I dont remember the other one.. This was fun I think I might try the severed head….
[…] It started with Benzeknees and I wondered if I should jump in. Then Edward Hotspur chimed in as did Lizzie. So again I wondered if I should jump in and then I stopped wondering and started to write. This is […]
I’ve always wanted to do one of these challenges, but I always seem to forget about them. I never would have thought to do it like yours, though!
Well I never would have either – which is why I never did one 🙂 I can;t stay on task 20 minute much les 30 days but this – although some of the questions were tough phew… worked out good.
[…] Hotspur got this from Benzeknees. who got it from Pink Ninjabi… and I did part one yesterday and I am jumping right in where I left off which was 16, otherwise I will just start going […]
[…] I’ve never done a blog hop and when I saw my friend Red of The M3 Blog doing this one, I thought I might give it a try. I won’t be posting daily though. I don’t have time, especially since I plan to go back to work full time on June 11th. The 30 day challenge blog hop originated with Lizzie from Running Naked With Scissors. […]
[…] because I wanted to and it’s my blog. If you’d like to take the challenge, here is the blog that started it. Please link back to […]
[…] you’d like to take the challenge, here is the blog that started it. Please link back to […]
[…] you’d like to take the challenge, here is the blog that started it. Please link back to […]
[…] you’d like to take the 30-Day Challenge, here is the blog that started it. Please link back to […]