April Fool’s!!!!!! It’s not Happy Talk – it’s award time!!
Yup Folks that’s right – I have to hand out the awards and get things back in balance. You think I can’t? Watch and learn….
I am just playing with ya… well kinda but you know me how I ike to act all cocky and …rubbery and stuff sometimes…trash talking.. pushy ..
But I just do it for fun. To let out my inner … um.. inner..trollop? no that’s somewhere else..bitch? no I am not one I least not that I know – unless you consider difficult part of the definition…. and My Mean Streak takes care of that business anyways. So whatEV… I’m just winging it.
Which, I gotta tell you it’s things like this where the winging it approach gets me in trouble. See If I planned better, I would have realized that there was no way in all kingdom come I could have pulled off Happy Talk last week and I would have properly canceled or rescheduled.,.. or put up a rerun post.. I dunno. But because I don’t plan ahead so well, you all probably think I just flaked. Nope… I may act like a flake but I don;t think like one or… maybe I think like a …
So let’s get down to the nitty-gritty of the……First Happy Talk in April!! . ( APRIL FOOL’s AGAIN!!! BAM!! )
Today’s Music Selection:
Like …a bipolar love song, only a little different.
How we liking what’s playing today? Ok then…
Moving on –
Highlights of the Week:
- I don;t have much to highlight this week – for the last week… sad I know but I was moving. And I am behind oh so far behind on my reading and visiting and commenting and all…. so much so that I almost skipped Happy Talk this week too…. BUT I didn’t forget like you might think I did since I forgot to tell you Happy Talk was canceled last week and thus forgot about the word of the week… NOPE! And I could not have been more proud. Thank you to BENZEKNEES andEL GUAPO for using the word and using it well.. you may both consider the following award yours to display proudly on your blogs. Or not. Not like the Award Police are gonna come and take it away from you if you don’t but.. there are no strings attached. You already did the work. You earned it. Wear it with pride! (or don’t but I would.. I mean..not just cause I made it either..)
- The Weekly Photo Challenge has eluded me for the past couple of weeks as well as the A-Z Archive Challenge from FrizzText of Flickr Comments I am hoping to get back into it this week. This coming week’s Weekly Challenge is ARRANGED and I have already arranged to be able to get this one done and I think we are on M? for the Archive Challenge. At least til Tuesday and then it changes to N – or the next letter. Wow I am waaayyy behind.
- Trifecta Challenge – Nope…moving and I didn’t get to read anybody’s either. Ok well I did like after the fact but I have entered the weekend challenge for this weekend and plan on doing the week;s and reading everyone else’s.
That should put the week under wraps. .
blogs I like and the bloggers that blog them:
I have this wonderful list to share of new blogs and bloggers – I mean new to me, thus new to some of you too. Not necessarily new to blogging. Some of them have been around awhile and they found me as a new blogger so they aren’t really new like that. I’m newer than some of them.
What? The list? Well it’s like this.
It’s a beautiful day outside. I took my kids swimming yesterday. Yes you can do that here in the Spring. I know, I know, it’s hardly fair but if you bear with me through the flighty and fanciful days of Spring when the dog days of summer come I will be happy to oblige you with all the links you could ever want. It’s too hot to do anything much outside so I will need an excuse to stay indoors. Although I hate AC too… It’s a bipolar thing.
Not necessarily a bipolar as in I am making generalizations. It’s my bipolar thing.
So.. it should be hot as hell .. assuming indeed hell is hot.. next week. No, really.
Shit I should a told ya but I forgot to and stuff that is still unresolved.
- I have a few awards that I need to hand out – the ones at the top there plus a couple more. Sigh. I don;t know what I want to do today… awards, Happy Talk… I need a donut.
- I haven’t forgotten to tell you anything…. if you can think of something then you already know and I just forgot.
- Oh! I forgot to tell you I ate all the donuts. oops.
- APRIL FOOLISHNESS – of COURSE I didn’t eat all the donuts. I only had 5..or maybe 8..
- Artsy Brain Fartsies. The illustrated companion to Running Naked With Scissors is coming along nicely. I took some pretty flower pictures yesterday and posted them. Check them out.. be a critic. Really, I want to know what you think. I also added a link at the top of the page in the menu bar. see it?
Word of the Week
The word of the week is:
Reciprocity; noun. 1. a reciprocal condition or relationship.
Remember if you use the word in a post, link back here so I am aware of it or use it properly in the comments section., All attempts will be acknowledged and some will get the Cracked Vocab Sparkle Star Award every week – you KNOW you want one! They aren’t always going to look the same either.
And it looks like the time has come to say goodbye until next week
A thought before I go
If the saying is true “you are what you eat” then what are you? This week I am a big gooey marshmallow covered in chocolate.
I don’t think it could get much better.
Have a wonderful week!
~Lizzie Cracked (never broken) 🙂
- Happy Talk from the Coffee Spot 3/11/2012 (runningnakedwithscissors.wordpress.com)
- April Is Finally Here (thehiltonburnellfiles.wordpress.com)
- Happy Talk from The Coffee Spot 3/4/12 (runningnakedwithscissors.wordpress.com)
- A day before April (kiatastic.wordpress.com)
- School of Rock with JD – Happy April Fool’s Day (1015jamz.cbslocal.com)
- Happy April Fools’ Day Part Deaux (atreegrowsinbklyn.wordpress.com)