Well look at me! Late again… I don’t know how I manage it. C’mon in and get comfortable – Get some coffee.
I guess I should be glad I’m consistent. There’s something to be said for that right?
I am skipping the donuts today. :eek: I brought them and boy am I tempted but I think the last one I ate is still hanging out on my ass. I don’t think it needs any company. I just can’t eat donuts like I used to. ~ Sigh~
So this morning I couldn’t find my chapstick. Anywhere. It brought to mind something I am compelled to share.
As a parent there are many annoyances in the form of purple dinosaurs, little weird aliens with goofy names … little animated kids that are exploring with their weird ass monkey sidekicks. I like monkeys don’t get me wrong. As long as they don’t fly it’s all good.
Having been a parent with small kids since 1992, I have surely seen more than my fair share of the characters that kids adore and parents loath. Ok maybe not loath, maybe just become highly agitated and annoyed when they have to hear the theme song for the 125th time in a day. I could go on and on and on about the twisted world of child icons – but I don[t want to confuse the issue more than I already will.
All the time that has passed from my first child to my last, there is one set of characters that has remained present in every one of their lives. One reason is because I enjoy them too. Yes it’s true. I have been known to pop in a tape or DVD and watch even without my kids around, And I am often inspired to sing the silly songs from their various episodes.
Nearly 20 years and these guys are still delightful and the reason I am telling you this today is because while I was looking for my chapstick, I found myself singing one of the songs from one of the episodes under my breath at first but I went ahead and belted it out soon thereafter.
I just wanted to share. Those of you that aren’t parents may get a kick out of it too. In fact, I am gad to share this with you because everybody should be able to watch these dudes kid or not. I also can’t get it out of my head now and I just want to let you all experience the atmosphere of my brain for a moment.
In case you’re wondering, my missing chapstick led to the thought of not having lips which naturally led to Larry the Cucumber singing about his lips. Can you see why? I actually lost my hairbrush too and uh…well here’s the link if you are wanting more of the delightful vegetables. I am happy to share.
So let’s get down to the nitty-gritty of the first Happy Talk of 2012.
Today’s Music Selection:
It’s almost like a bonus section today huh? I mean after Larry the Cucumber, how much more do you need. But I actually have worked on today’s playlist all week, adding to it as the week went on. It kind of has a theme that went with the week. Time, Confusion and Silly Songs, that all are wrapped up nicely with a little Queen singing We will Rock you in honor of the people who make it possible for me to Rock. Thanks
(not yet available in stores)
Moving on –
The Week in Review:
(- all about silly songs lead in music here this week ….)
- Once again thank you to Linda Vernon and El Guapo for using the word of the week. I am ..uh embarrassed to say this and really am not sure how to tell you. Besides knowing that they both used it, Idonothaveacluewhereorhowandifimisseditifeellikeaboob. There. I said it. El Guapo did write a beautiful comment using every single word of the week and correctly too I might add. I have a small memory of something else and possibly someone else but I lost the place that I keep track of these things. IF I have overlooked someone’s contribution please tell me in the comments. I don’t want to have you go unnoticed. I am just all kinds of befuddled here in the Land of Confusion that I reside in sometimes. Just a weekend home though – a place to get away.
- The week started out with Growing Old isn’t for Sissies… which although at this point I am comfortable with being where I am at, there are a few things that may happen while growing older that scare me.
- The next post was a repeat of one of my first posts. Moms Aren’t Supposed to Get Sick bailed me out on a day that I felt icky. I actually think I might bring out a past post every once awhile just for shits and giggles because I liked some of the stuff I wrote in the beginning and not everybody takes the time – or rather has the time to go back and read the archives. I completely understand, I do. Anyways thanks for all the get well wishes and advice – Chicken soup was great although 18 yo didn’t know what matzoh balls are (not dog balls though) and the Advil kicked butt as promised. I was right as rain in record time.
- The Weekly Photo Challenge will actually be returning in the up coming week as WordPress apparently decided to continue the feature. Also because it wasn’t known that they were going to, another blogger whose blog is amazing presented a challenge to fill its place. He proposed a weekly photo challenge A-Z and then again – there are 26 letters and 52 weeks in a year. It was well received as far as I can tell and even after WordPress posted the theme for this week he is changing it a little but it is still there. I am happy he did this and plan to participate in both challenges I think. Check it out – A-Z Archive Challenge from FrizzText of Flickr Comments
- My emotional perspective is slightly skewed towards the darker side these days and this last week was tough. I always have a hard time after the holidays and as much as I wanted them to be over I am still bummed. I used to think it was the let down of every previous year that I didn’t automatically have a new shiny life on January 1. An irrational belief I know but still… I was going to post about non- resolutions of the New Year but I have as yet only come up with 2 things for 2012. As I said in a comment I will probably be ready to unveil them in May. That’s why I call them non-resolutions – which really doesn’t make a bit of sense now does it. I am still resolving to do them just padding the odds by cutting out the first half of the year. :-)
- My Mean Streak came back albeit grudgingly. Par for the course with a Mean Streak I guess but once I got it u and moving it seemed to jump right back in to the swing of things with The Art of the Sarcastic Retort. Or more pointedly how to be rubber to their glue. I thought it a good lesson although the examples were lame in comparison to some of the real world retorts I have used. Especially in the last 24 hours. But that’s for another day.
- Finally, on Friday I posted my 2011 blog report. I am pretty proud of myself for what I have accomplished and I really needed something to fill the spot. Now, I am going to tell you when I first viewed this report on New Year’s Eve, I did not understand it. I opened it and watched the screen as fireworks went off and the days I had posted were ticked off at the bottom. I tried clicking on the words, the fireworks, every damn where and nothing happened. So I waited while the days went to December 31st thinking ok it will open something new then. It just started over. I was disappointed to say the least. They took all those statistics and a screen with fireworks representing the days I had posted was it? I mean what kinda of report is that? Later when I clicked on Amor24 ‘s report link and sat and watched his fireworks go off for a while, I saw the scroll bar on the side. I can’t be the only one to have missed that right? I never would have been able to view my report if he hadn’t posted his making me believe there had to be more to it. And for sure I never would have had such a wonderful report if not for all you folks, especially the ones who are here every day.(you know who you are!) I couldn’t and can’t do it without you. SO THANKS!
That should put the week under wraps. What a weird, confusing and again fast week it has been . We are firmly in the New Year now and soon it will just be this year.
blogs I like and the bloggers that blog them:
So I have a couple of blogs I have found poking around on other blogs or from the related articles section or however. You all know how it happens – you decide to try something new and you close your eyes and click. Ok that;s not really – well I did find a few that way….but anyways, here are a couple of blogs you might want to check out sometime. I like them.
For the time being I am going with blogs I have found, or have found me first, over the previous week that I found interesting and /or funny. There is also my list over there that always provides excellent entertainment. So this section is a supplement to those that are on the blogroll.
- The Narcissist’s Blog.
- Just a Happy Blonde and I will note here I just rediscovered her blog not recently discovered. She was the one who originally gave me the Versatile Blogger Award.
Shit I should a told ya but I forgot to and stuff that is still unresolved.
- I am still looking – for a granny name that is as cool as I am. 🙄 I have a few in mind but 18yo ready to pop is due Tuesday. So I will be putting up a poll next Saturday and hoping for some ideas. I am just all full of warm fuzzies at the thought that I may be a grandmaternal unit by this time next week and scared a little too. I am working on this streak of hair I have had for a while that is turning grey – just one streak and I usually color it. I am thinking I will just leave it so I look the part – the fact it won’t hold color anyways has nothing to do with it. I am not however changing diapers or doing midnight feedings – just like I didn’t have anything to do with the puppies. And oh – I have a bridge here in the desert that is for sale. I will throw in the ocean front property. Oh! I just can’t wait to squeeze the little guy.
- I haven’t forgotten to tell you anything….have I? OH OH yea! Thank you Kana Tyler of Kana’s Chronicles for another award that I am truly honored to receive from her. I love love her blog and she is an outstanding writer. I am grateful to her for the award and more.
Word of the Week
After a week fraught with time management problems, technical issues and confusion, along with some things that totally ROCKED… I am trotting out a tried but true favorite of mine…
The word of the week is:
discombobulate; V Disconcert or confuse (someone)
And it looks like the time has come to say goodbye until next week. Here’s a good one;
A thought before I go
If you can’t make it better, you can laugh at it ~ Erma Bombeck
Never underestimate the healing power of a hearty laugh.
Have a wonderful week!