Hello!!! Welcome! C’mon in and get comfortable – Get some coffee.
And really I never forget the donuts – because who could? I just forget when I am supposed to bring them. I mean c’mon I did it once – do I have to feel this guilt forever? I brought extras this week – take 2 they had the HOT NOW sign on when I was there. mmmmmmmm. I love donuts. I sure do.
The 2012 challenge for WordPress is 365 days of… I was thinking donuts. I have to really sit down and work it out though because what if there aren’t 365 different types of donuts? Then what? Or what if I don’t have the money one day? That is not so far out of the realm of possibility. Maybe I could put a donut fund donation button. It could work. I couldn’t think of a better tribute to the oh so wonderful donut. Except to eat it. Yumminess ..!!
So with tonight being New Year’s Eve, I was thinking we should chat about resolutions. What they are, what they mean, how many we have tanked on, stuff like that. But I changed my mind. 🙄
So let’s get down to the nitty-gritty of the last Happy Talk of 2011.
Today’s Music Selection:
Now being able to have a Happy Talk on New Year’s Eve is the perfect opportunity to so something like a top ten favorite songs of 2011.. I wish I had thought of it a few days ago. Some of my best ideas are a day late. Or more. Oh well. Adapt and overcome. I don’t wanna be like all the other end of the year let’s look back and… so I am not doing a 10 Favorite songs of 2011 countdown.. I am going to do 6. How’s that?
Also these songs aren’t necessarily songs that were released in 2011, they are just songs I happened to like this year. I can do that see because it’s Happy Talk from The Coffee Spot with LIZZIE CRACKED – that’s me. Today for this brief moment consider it my world – and you are living in it. Ok? Good then without further ado I give you;
(see how I did that? I said during not of.. Just saying.
Moving on –
The Week in Review:
(- not so much with the cheesy lead in music here this week ….)
- Once again thank you to Linda Vernon and El Guapo for using the word of the week. I can always count on the two of you to get it done and I thank you for your participation. This week our funny friend Linda Vernon got the vocab user award for not only using it in a POST but for doing it incognito – as in I didn’t know she was going to and I found it. Like where’s Waldo. I was so impressed! You guys ROCK the vocabulary and when EVERYBODY ELSE GETS INVOLVED – just another subtle hint –😉 you two are the ones to get the better of. I think others may be a little intimidated by your awesomeness and hesitant to take you on. I just don’t think anyone can do it better ! (that’s a little of that psychological warfare training of mine coming into play – someone is competitive enough to take the challenge I just threw out there by stating you are unequivocally the BEST – which is true by the way, I just know it.😉 )It isn’t so much a contest as a show of vocabulary excellence which translates to an overall air of COOL BEANS! – not to be confused with string beans…
- The week started out with a letter from Santa that I found in my stocking on Christmas morning. It was a reply to my letter from last week and made me feel a lot better about… well stuff. Santa is the best!
- The next post was in honor of my now legitimately 5 yo whose birthday was on Monday, the day after Christmas. Beyond Eating our Young: Phase 2 Duct Tape talks about my kids getting to five and beyond and the relief and sadness that comes with it. He wasn’t due until the first week in January but being my sixth and last child and to make sure he wasn’t already a toddler at birth – his sister was 9 1/2 lbs! – because they had each been bigger than the previous child I was induced. Also I was just plain damn tired of being pregnant. Hindsight being what it is the day after Christmas isn’t the best birthday but that day I wasn’t thinking of the future past getting the resident alien the hell out of my body😀 So he is 5. and I can unclench my butt … some.
- The Weekly Photo Challenge You may have noticed there is no picture this week. Or maybe you didn’t but there is supposed to be. I have posted a photo a week since joining the challenge and it isn’t surprising (to me because I just never am surprised anymore about such things) that I missed the last one of the year. The theme was BETWEEN and I was between a rock and a hard place plagued once again with technological issues this time in relation to where my pictures are. As in …. I can’t get them which isn’t to say I could not have taken a brand new photo except that happens to be the same device. So I mulled it over all week hoping to pull it off but as you can see – or didn’t because there is a glaring empty space where it should be – there is in fact, no picture :P Although according to the challenge directives, it was supposed to have been posted by Friday, since it is the last one if I find a way to slip it in there before midnight tonight I am going to. Way I see it is in a week or 2 nobody will remember that I missed it so when looking back it will just look like I didn’t. Right? 😕 I am thinking I may keep a weekly photo post just because it was fun and something different. Maybe I will do a doodle a week or something – Input, comments and opinions are now being taken into consideration. Or will be when you leave them 😛
- My emotional overload during the holidays, has been fairly manageable and seems to have leveled off at sensitive but not overly whack-a-mole. But tonight is the eve of the last day of Holiday Fun for the year – at least in my house – so all in all it wasn’t too bad. And then we begin again until we are once again here but a year later. Normally that would lead into a post title but again…. 😳
- My Mean Streak took this week off since it has been so mellow – I miss the little bugger – hopefully next week it will be back and ready to go.
- The next post was not much of anything. Hahahaha sorry couldn’t resist a little fun. There is no post. I swear I was off a day this week. All day on Friday I thought it was Thursday.
- Finally, I managed to get a post out there on Friday about Dr. Phil and the 10 life laws. I used to watch Oprah every time he was on and His book about the Life Laws – I’m sorry I really should find the title was one of a gazillion I have read but it differs in that it stuck. Ten years later and most of the life laws are etched into my brain. I shared my understanding of them with you all. Kind of made me hungry for Twinkies.
That should put the week under wraps. What a fun and fast week it has been . Tomorrow is the first day of 2012 and next Saturday is January 7. Yippee here we go again.
blogs I like and the bloggers that blog them:
So I have a couple of blogs I have found poking around on other blogs or from the related articles section or however. You all know how it happens – you decide to try something new and you close your eyes and click. Ok that;s not really – well I did find a few that way….but anyways, here are a couple of blogs you might want to check out sometime. I like them. I wish I had the time to read every previous post on my favorite blogger’s blogs and then every post of the new ones I find. I think I am going to devote one day a week to just reading or one hour a day – I am not sure. My problem is when I am wrapped up in reading I don’t want to quit and then I am useless so I think I will probably have to make it a day.
I am waffling here on how to start this. You all were introduced to 6 of my favorites, well 5 favorites and 1 newer that I like the concept and I have my blogroll over there ….
So since I so obviously pointed that out I think it might be redundant to also talk about the others on my list over there but I also think I have something to say. I know, I should of had this all worked out before I started this crazy segment. Well I did but then I didn’t ok? That’s just how I roll sometimes on the blogroll. And life too actually but what are ya gonna do? NOTHING – go with it – trust me on this one. I live it daily. All right, here is what I am going to do for you – today I will just give you one blog and then I will decide later how to really proceed.
(gimme a drumroll cause it took a shitload to get to this point Jeez)
– I don’t remember how I stumbled upon this blog and I don’t visit nearly often enough but I like it. Also I am killing two birds with one stone because Dee was kind enough to nominate me again for the Versatile Blogger award and I promised to give her a link back (in like, November) at the very least even though I already had the award… I didn’t forget and I am sorry it took so long Dee. Go Check it out folks it will be worth your time. Promise.🙂
Shit I should a told ya but I forgot to and stuff that is still unresolved.
- I can’t remember anything that is unresolved. If anyone knows of anything I forgot or that is unresolved – just leave me a comment.
- And I am pretty sure I haven’t forgotten to tell you anything….have I? Ok – New Year’s resolution, carry a notebook or something so I can write this shit down.
Word of the Week
I don’t exactly know where this week went – it’s the last week of 2011 and it flew by as if it couldn’t get out of here fast enough. My sentiments exactly but I wish it had warned me. In the wake of its speedy departure I have flown by the seat of my pants all week as I am sure you could tell.
The word of the week is:
Capricious adj. Characterized by or being subject to whim. impulsive, unpredictable.
And it looks like the time has come to say goodbye until next week, (and again, cheesy music like hmm.. Mr Rogers? Man where so I get this stuff from)
A thought before I go
Some people go up just to come back down, but then there are others that come down only because they got up
It’s not always that which appears the most obvious that motivates everyone.
Happy New Year. Please, please, if you are celebrating away from home and having some of the bubbly, or similar libations, DO NOT Drink and Drive…..There are plenty of services that will take you home or take a cab, Bring in the New Year safely and responsibly. See you in 2012!
Have a wonderful week!
- Of Frogs and Krauts and Commies and Scots….and Angels: (brothersjuddblog.com)
- A Pareto-Efficient Donut (freakonomics.com)
- Goodbye 2011 – My New Year’s Resolution And Thanks (photofocus.com)
- New year’s eve coffee. (preaprez.wordpress.com)
- New Year’s Eve… And Other Things… (mygastriclife.wordpress.com)
- Happy Talk from The Coffee Spot 12/17 (runningnakedwithscissors.wordpress.com)