Hi! Sorry, my mouth was full. No not donuts. Today I brought Cookies! Go figure. But they go great with coffee too ya know and although nothing ever will top the happiness factor of a donut – cookies, Christmas cookies come pretty darn close. I love donuts.
So what do you think of the coffee mugs? Are they just neato nifty or WHAT? I want to know what your take is because I am going to start making them available right there next to the donuts. I think I will give them away. Yeah free, with a donation appreciated. I really hate that. Get all excited cause it’s free and it is but you just feel like a smuck if you don’t donate right?
I do understand it though. Not everybody is Oprah, in fact, nobody is Oprah so the big giveaway is never gonna happen if I ever do my favorite things. Not even the little giveaway.
I so wish I coud get on that show though. Man she gives away the coolest things. One year she gave everyone a refrigerator that had a tv in the door. Yeah, I’m cool enough to do it, but not even close to rich. I have yet to figure out the catch. Nothing is really free but please someone tell me what the price of going to that show (besides the obvious cost to travel because you don’t know that it is THE show until you get there, therefore you would have spent the money anyways and thus, the stuff is free. Right?
So I would have to ask for a donation, to cover some expenses and feed my kids and have heat all winter but I will give them away free. Noooo pressure.
Just let me know if you want to see them in other colors. And how many you want
Today’s Music Selection:
First of all, I had a really hard time knowing what to do today. I figure it’s only a week until Christmas so why not break out the Holiday music. Then I thought well it’s a week until Christmas maybe we need a break for a few minutes. So I did one of each…ok I did 2 Christmas ones and a non-holiday one. I broke the Christmas list into two because it was long. I decided I am ok with that because …well you know it’s only Christmas once a year. If I had planned better I could have probably done it into 4 playlists but hey, you are lucky you get anything at all.
Oh that sounded kind of snotty I’m sorry. Just warming up for next week. It is the #1 best response to any smallish person complaining about something they got. Especially if it can’t be exchanged or returned or is from a distant relative and you can’t make any sense out of it at all. Kids are pretty honest about how they feel about gifts until we teach them that it’s rude to answer truthfully when they don’t like it. It’s also good for when you are out of patience. Anyways, I say t in the most loving way I assure you. :-)
The first Christmas list is some songs that I remember very well from my childhood. I remember them so well that once my kids were born, I made sure that I had them in my collection of Christmas music. I also thought they were rather pertinent to the past week.
The second Christmas list is just some of my very favorite Christmas songs, many from years ago too and I know there is a lot of John Denver in there but well, my Mom liked John Denver, John Denver sings Christmas songs and Christmas and my Mom go hand in hand. It’s kind of like six degrees of separation. Only that is three.
The third list is non Christmas and just what I was feeling. Maybe the nostalgic mood of the Christmas tunes carried over. It’s funny how music can take us back to the times of our life when it was part of the soundtrack. One of these days I am going to do a playlist of my life. I should probably get going on that since we are talking about 4 decades … damn.
So, our music portion was way more involved than usual today.. but it is my gift to you. A labor of love not as yummy as cookies but you can actually taste it instead of just see pictures. Fully enjoy it. I am going to list the songs on each list at the end for you so if you are curious what is on each list before you click, just scroll down.**
Moving on –
The Week in Review:
I wish I could share the things I think as I move through the segments. Well I guess I can share but you can’t hear it and the full effect is kinda lost. It might just leave you with a kinda huh? feeling or a fleeting thought of Lizzie has really gone cracked in a nutty way now… But because I brought it up, I am hearing some cheesy lead in music. See? Huh?
- Once again thank you to Linda Vernon and El Guapo for using the word of the week. It just warms my heart and this week although you both used it responsibly, and well, El Guapo’s creative depiction was rockin’ good and takes the cake… or donut if that is better for you. Would be for me. I wish I had some cool prizes but you might have noticed that at the very least you get a shout out every week… Just saying. ;-)
- The week started out with the Tale of Christmas Cookies Past and the fall of the Queen of the Christmas Cookies. It was an emotional undertaking truth be told. Sometimes it is easy to take it for granted that the beliefs we always held about ourselves and the world around us are solid no matter how our actions change. I never stopped to think that by not doing what I did so grandly at Christmas time for years my younger kids would have no idea of those things I used to do.
- The Weekly Photo Challenge was a tough one for me. But after a brilliant comeback of Christmas Cookie Queen, Celebration was in order! Thank you for all you kind compliments, they tasted pretty darn good. I wish that you could send stuff through the computer like Willy Wonka did with the chocolate bar and t.v. How friggin’ cool would that be?
- I am a little bit on emotional overload during the holidays – this year has been more of a rollercoaster. Sometime during the 80th ride on the kinda crazy track I was thinking about Self Help books and although I am not sure about what exactly, unless is was going to get a new one, I ended up at Self Help Books Suck. I am a firm believer you should give your parents a break and no matter what they did or didn’t do, they did it with love and you can’t use them as an excuse when you are 40. Or 20 for that matter. Most people probably aren’t at the it’s my parents’ fault stage at 20 because they aren’t really sure what IT is. But once IT is clearly defined, and you have a few minutes to work through it’s lingering effects, blaming your parents is just a crappy way to hold mediocrity and failure. Own it and you will be amazed at the change in your outlook. Just saying.
- My Mean Streak came out to play a little but in a nice way. In fact I was very happy with the results. My Mean Streak will be well rested and in top form after the holiday season. Hopefully I can keep it from going to the (too) dark side. After the holidays is such a let down for me. Bleh.
- Finally, I just had to share some of the very creative search terms that brought my blog up in the search results. Have you ever heard the expression “well color me <insert descriptive word like happy here>!” Yea it’s like that – Well Google Me Naked! I glance at them nearly everyday but I never really put them together, even when I started to see funny, in an odd way like – naked elfs on crack. Noooo I am kidding that wasn’t one unless it was the one that was undefined. Undefined? What does that mean? I could drive myself crazy wondering about these things. Oh wait… I guess I will think away
- that the question of a name for My Mean Streak is still floating around so I added a poll below for your input. Just keep in mind that I have to use it when I write about it so let’s not make it too unrecognizable for the folks at home just now, or at a later date, joining us. Although I must say I am really partial to the ninja like appeal of the not so obvious.
- If anybody noticed that it is snowing on my blog and thinks I must be just bursting with the coolness to make it so and you wish it would snow on yours too….go to your general settings, there is a button at the bottom that says – make it snow until Jan 4 – or something like that, I mean you will know it when you see it. Click it and Voila! It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Or..winter.
- The official theme song for the Crazy Freaks Club has been Announced!! What..you think I am going to tell? Click the link
- Coming soon….the Awkward moment feature. Probably in 2012 ( how’s that for leaving it w i d e open? ) so start thinking of those great awkward moments.
I thought with all that is going on with the holidays I would keep it simple and a little humorous. I found the perfect fit.
The word of the week is:
waggish : adj. witty or joking
And it looks like the time has come to say goodbye until next week, (and again, cheesy music like the Mickey Mouse Club um..the OLD one with Annette. M-I-C see ya real soon, K-E-Y Why? Because we like you! M-O-U-S-E. Make it STOP!!)
A 5 oz sparrow can not carry a 1 lb coconut (~ from Monty Python the Holy Grail)
Keep your expectations realistic, understand the strength in knowing your weakness, and your dreams will have no limits.
Have a wonderful week!
** playlists ( if they aren’t here yet it’s because I am working on them. They will be posted shortly go ahead and click that bad boy playlist link – click all three – live on the edge
- Christmas Cookies – George Strait
- Mr. Grinch –
- Silver and Gold from Rudolph – Burl Ives
- Holly Jolly Christmas – Burl Ives
- Island of Misfit Toys – Rudolph (the tv show)
- Snow Miser / Heat Miser – Sing Along
- John Denver & The Muppets – 12 Days of Christmas
- Meli Kelikimaki – Bing Cosby
- I’m Gettin Nuttin for Christmas – Barry Bordon
- Please Daddy Don’t get Drunk this Xmas – John Denver
- ho.ho.hoooooo (succumbingtomyawesomeness.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Cookies…via WordPress Bloggers (nolagirlatheart.wordpress.com)
- Free Hot Samples: Even More Christmas 2011 Freebies (savings.com)
- The Christmas 2011 Countdown: 8 days (peaceroad.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Coffee Creamer (thehappyhousewife.com)
- It’s Christmas!…… (willofheart.wordpress.com)