Goooooood Morning – George how ARE you? I hope you’re feeling fine! I’d love to stay and talk but it’s nearly 8 o’clock and I haven’t got the time! But of course I do have the time and that is what we are here for, Happy Talk here at the Coffee Spot. It’s actually the beginning of a song from gee, can you guess? Yes the VeggieTales and believe it or not, I know I am having a hard time, it is not on YouTube. So I couldn’t share it with you except like that and yea it loses a little but I think it will do. Were you guys looking around wondering who George is? :-)
Would it be blasphemous if I considered this church?
The Lizziecracked Happy Church of The Spirit… of … Donuts?
Did I ever tell you I used to make the Donuts? Like the guy in the commercial years ago…was it Dunkin Donuts? I’m not sure now but he would roll out of bed at 2:00 am and say “Time to make the donuts” . Yep that was me. Except I wasn’t short, balding with a mustache. I was a night baker for a while in the Army – and later I was a baker at a grocery store.
Just a little fun fact.
To ponder with your donut and coffee.
I have been sick this week. Like sicker than I have been in a long time. So I have spent a lot of time in bed. I am on the mend though. I have got some much-needed sleep and my ear infection has calmed down to a not so mild case of vertigo that has me being very careful what position I am in when I blow my nose as it affects the fluid in my ears and then I get terrifically dizzy and if I am standing up I may fall down.
It has happened and it kinda doesn’t feel so great so given the choice between not blowing my nose or not standing up, I go with not standing up. So I am just going to have a seat here instead putting myself in the position of the awkward moment when you fall down in front of a bunch of people.
Mostly awkward for you because I know you would want to laugh – and honestly I wouldn’t hold it against you, but if we can just avoid the whole mess – well why not?
On the good side of that is I usually only get one ripping bout with a nasty bug a year. The rest of the bugs are just pesky inconveniences. THIS was the big daddy of bugs for me this winter and anything else I will pick up or have had previous to this one is most definitely in perspective.
So let’s get down to the nitty-gritty of the second Sunday on the fourth Sunday (which is the last Sunday of January) Happy Talk of 2012.
Today’s Music Selection:
First of all, I am going to leave last weeks playlist up in case you missed it. I kind of liked it and what I am thinking now is that along with the word and thought of the week I am posting on that page, I may add the playlist of he week too. So here to begin with is last week’s;
The Happy Talk Collection of Change for a Cause with a Conundrum thrown in, from a Patriotic (slightly bitter?) Dick Magnet…no not THAT kinda dick geesh! (for the most part)
Now this week, I have no special theme, no rhyme or reason. Something about the season.. Just a playlist of tripping through the YouTube place looking for music and so here I present to you:
The Happy Talk Round up of Rolling in Shades of Red and Purple Rain and Black Paint, Against Dust in the Wind and…uhh Brain Damage (have you ever seen it?)
(not yet available in stores)
Moving on –
The Week in Review:
- Once again when it comes to vocabulary I really need to find a better way to keep track but this last weeks word was ESOTERIC. Off the top of my head I didn’t see it. The word for the previous week was discombobulate and El Guapo used it with aplomb right HERE. So yay to you El Guapo and I am still waiting for Linda to have a good comeback for the comment you made that used every single word of the week. Maybe she is just waiting to add a few more. Hmmmmmm
- The week started out – Well technically it started out with Happy Talk I suppose. That could be the problematic part of switching to Sundays. Recapping the week, you recap the post that recapped the week before. Unlesssssss.. Sunday is the end of the week which I think biblically it is – and on the 7th day and all that. So it may just be a problem with my perspective and I am talking too much. .
- The Weekly Photo Challenge was Simple and I simply did not get it done this week. But I did get in my C Archive for the A-Z Archive Challenge from FrizzText of Flickr Comments with pictures of Christmas, cookies and children. a couple of my own to be precise. That was a big moment for Running Naked with Scissors because I have never done it before. Aren’t they cute?
- Joe Paterno, head coach of the Penn State Nittany Lions, passed away Sunday morning and I just couldn’t let him pass without notice. And I was mad because of the crap I hear people say. RIP Joe Pa. Cause of death, Broken Heart.
- My observations on being a Grandmother.. Reluctant in name only, not in spirit. Observations of a Reluctant Grandmother
- My Mean Streak went on strike. It feels like it isn’t getting enough attention I guess but we are in negotiations for a peaceful resolution so it should be returning soon.
- Next I just let loose on my annoyance at WP thinking I am just another piece of meat. Pressed meat too. Does that count for freshly pressed? Haha ok, Really I was thinking it would be a good example of the bipolar thing – how it starts, goes wrong, takes over, a chance to enlighten if you will. I don’t know if I was successful because I was too mad but I have decided to look at it another way thanks to LaFemmeroar for coming up with this; Super Passionate Adorable Marvelous. so yea.. I AM S.P.A.M!!!!! :-)
- Finally, having time yesterday with nothing due and nothing I had to do I explored Twitter a little more than I ever have and I decided I think I could get into it so watch! I am learning to Twit! er Tweet.
That should put the week under wraps. .
blogs I like and the bloggers that blog them:
So I have a couple of blogs I have found poking around on other blogs or from the related articles section or however. You all know how it happens – you decide to try something new and you close your eyes and click. Ok that;s not really – well I did find a few that way….but anyways, here are a couple of blogs you might want to check out sometime. I like them.
For the time being I am going with blogs I have found, or have found me first, over the previous week that I found interesting and /or funny. There is also my list over there that always provides excellent entertainment. So this section is a supplement to those that are on the blogroll.
Now I must tell you I made a rather large gaffe last week – ok quite a few, in fact quite frankly, Happy Talk wasn’t so happy last week but one that I know was noticed was that I didn’t leave a list here for the blogs I like. So this week I am going to give you three just cause I can and I want to make it up to you.
Eric Murtaugh A life without adventure is not a life worth living. It’s about adventures and stuff – like it says… Good reading!
Miss Mental Health - Miss Mental Health’s Rant Space – discusses Bipolar and Borderline Personality Disorder – quite well too!
The Future of Hope – The Evolution of my Mind (hers not mine :-) ) Diverse, deep and fun and she’s a Crazy Chick too! Oh! sorry she = Chrystalyn Hope.
Shit I should a told ya but I forgot to and stuff that is still unresolved.
- I am posting a poll for the grandma name in a little bit. For Real! I know I keep saying it but it has to happen and I don’t like getting everyone all built up and letting you down :-)
- I haven’t forgotten to tell you anything….except that my 7 yo is now an 8 yo and I, being sick did not honor the day properly nor write about it like I did for 5 yo and I feel bad so I will have to make it up to her. I also missed the joint Birthday Party for them at Airworks yesterday and I am feeling really cruddy about it so let’s move on to some thing else :???:
- I was the featured Crazy Chick this week on LaFemmeroar‘s blog and I had a blast doing it. Of course it took me two weeks to get the thing done but I felt all warm and fuzzy and crazy when I saw it posted. So if you would like to check it out.. and even if you don’t want to see that in particular you should check her out anyways, Here is the way to get there… Crazy Chick Q & A # 16 Thanks LaFemme, You ROCK!!
Word of the Week
After a week … that was interesting and frustrating and a bit off balance I have a headache.. no :-) kidding. Well I do but it’s just from the BIG NASTY BUG.
The word of the week is:
Progeny; n. pl. 1. something that originates from or results from something else; outcome; issue 2. a result of creative effort, product.
And it looks like the time has come to say goodbye until next week.
A thought before I go
Don’t let the turkeys make you spam ~~
There is more than one way to look at a situation. Make the best of it, laugh at it, turn it around and nobody has the power to make you something you are not. (Spam really is good with Mac and Cheese if you cut it up and fry it a little first… yup)
Have a wonderful week!
~Lizzie Cracked (never broken) :-)
- Happy Talk from The Coffee Spot 1/22/12 (runningnakedwithscissors.wordpress.com)
- Happy Talk from The Coffee Spot 1/7/12 (runningnakedwithscissors.wordpress.com)
- Coffee Talk, My Mean Streak, The Happy Spot and Structure (runningnakedwithscissors.wordpress.com)
- Dunkin’ Donuts coffee (unclesmiley.wordpress.com)
- The Worst Person on Earth to Eat a Donut Today (esquire.com)